Friday 5 July 2013

SharePoint Server 2013 Blob Cache

According to another very good practice when dealing with SharePoint Server 2013, I increased the size of a BlobCache in every web application and moved the BlobCache file outside the system drive.

In our case, we created an E:\ drive on which we stored our IIS, ULS and Usage logs as well as the Search Index to further ease-off the pressure from C:\.



I also created a 'BlobCache' folder and subdirectories for each web application in the farm, including Central Administration.

 
Then, I navigated to the web.config file of each web application, and opened it with Notepad.
In each file I pointed to the new directory created and increased the BlobCache size from 10 (GB) to the amount required:


As a side note: I noticed that 'Automatic Updates' were turned off for our Windows 2012 DataCenter.
I turned this on:


Stay tuned for more Sharepoint 2013 in real company!

1 comment:

  1. Include specific folder content in BlobCache SharePoint
    http://sharepoint.asia/include-specific-folder-content-in-blobcache-sharepoint/

    ReplyDelete